Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:10-12

Merry Christmas!!! The Christmas morning rule at our house is the kids have to wait until Lisa and I are out of our bed before they can get out of their bed. So at 6:30 am we awoke to banging on the walls. Logan was tired of waiting on us so he took it upon himself to serve as our alarm clock. :) The girls were not awake then so we had to actually wake them up. All three were so excited. It was precious seeing the expressions on their faces when they saw what Santa had left for them. They started out by looking in their stockings. There were a lot of needed items in there. Next Logan passed out the gifts. Anna Rebekah has been working on the order in which the kids would open their gifts. She had it all organized for us. There were a lot of oohs and ahs. After we opened the gifts we had breakfast and then on to one of our family traditions. We all gather around and read the Christmas story together. This morning we read it out Luke chapter 2. The Lord has truly blessed us. Next we are off to some friends house for a late Christmas day lunch. More on that later...

Logan was anxiously waiting on us.

The Girls were sound asleep. It's hard to believe we had to wake them up on Christmas morning.

The expressions on their faces tell the story. They were so excited.

First it was their stockings.

Then on to the presents.

Playing with toys.


It has been an awesome day so far and it's only lunch time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grammy, Granddaddy, Sally & I finally made it to Helena around 7pm. It is always so much fun to watch the kids open gifts. Logan received Itunes $$, Anna Rebekah finally received a digital camera. I am monitoring her pictures and deleting those that give me a double chin. Hannah Bug and and I scetched and drew in her art journal. One day we will see her work in the MOMA.
XO,
CeCe

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all really cleaned up for Christmas! The Richburg house looks like the place to be. I also would have liked to have been there on cookie day a few posts earlier! I can't believe how big you all are getting. I am sure you are really sick of hearing that from adults but it truly is amazing how old you guys are now. I think I met Candice right after Hannah was born! Oh my. Hope that you have a great new years as well. Do you have your resolutions yet? I always try to be a better person but this year I think I am going to get a little more specific. (Well sometimes I resolve to stop biting my nails but I have gotten that nearly kicked at the ripe age of 33.)

Merry late Christmas!
Ellie (Cece's old NYC roommate)